What to bring
Before you start a trip with us you may start thinking what to bring with you and we list you some tips right below.
- Surfboards. At least 3, but it also depends on how hard you want to charge.
- Wax. 2 or 3 packs should be enough.
- Leashes. Make sure you bring at least a strong one, then a couple of normal thin ones.
- Towel. We provide you with a towel at the beginning of the trip but you can also bring an extra one.
- Waterproof sunscreen is highly recommended. We are right on the equator.
- Mosquito Repellent. We have at the resort but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Fishing and spearfishing equipment. If you re really into it, you can have a great time here with us.
- Raincoat could be useful for rainy days.
- We provide with a lot of different snacks, but you are welcome to bring some of your favorites.
- Cash for beers and liquor (3 USD/beer, 6 USD for liquored drinks) and for surfing photographs (from 10 USD per shot to 300 USD for the whole collection of trip, depending on how many pictures you take).
- Original passport and photocopy of your passport (this is mandatory).
- Travel insurance is a must and you have to bring us a photocopy of your insurance policy.
- We have a good variety of books but you can bring a few if you wish to read while relaxing.
Your health is a very important part of your trip and we try to have all our guests as informed as possible about this subject so that they stay healthy while they are with us.
So therefore we suggest you bring:
- Malaria pills. This is your choice, there is Malaria in the Mentawais but Malaria is a disease that passes from one person (that has Malaria) to another and we are the only ones on the island so the chances of getting it are very small.
- Anti allergies.
- Antibiotics for reef cuts.
In case of the need for medical evacuation, we will take you to the nearest and safest hospital at your own cost.
We insist that we require travel insurance for your stay at Botik Resort.
We are not responsible for any accidents that you may have while doing any activities on your own.